Facilitate and coordinate a fair, consistent, and efficient public hearing process that complies with the oil and gas conservation laws of Alabama, prevents waste of Alabama's oil and gas resources, and protects the correlative rights of the oil and gas industry, mineral interest owners, and the general public.
- Facilitate the review, evaluation, and approval of public hearing notices to ensure that notices comply with oil and gas rules, regulations, and laws.
- Oversee compilation of hearing agendas so that this information is available to the Board, agency staff, interested parties, and the general public.
- Coordinate the technical review of items scheduled for public hearing to insure that the Board receives sound recommendations as it judiciously exercises its regulatory functions.
- Oversee compilation of hearing results so that Board actions are disseminated to agency staff, interested parties, and the general public.
- Facilitate the review and preparation of orders issued by the Board to insure that orders accurately reflect Board actions.