Oil and Gas Regulatory Program
Create a reasonable oil and gas regulatory climate that supports the economic development of the state's oil and gas resources, ensures safety and protects public health and the environment.
- Conduct field inspections of oil and gas wells and facilities for compliance with oil and gas laws, rules, regulations, and orders and directives issued by the Board, and prevention of adverse impacts to public health and safety and the environment.
- Provide a fair, consistent and efficient regulatory enforcement program that promptly addresses issues of regulatory noncompliance with special emphasis on activities that potentially pose the greatest risk to safety, public health, and the environment.
- Issue, track, and resolve notices of alleged violations of oil and gas laws, rules, regulations, orders, and directives issued by the Board.
- Provide timely response to oil and gas incidents involving fires, spills, leaks, and blowouts.
- Provide timely response to complaints from the public regarding matters that relate to oil and gas operations.
- Maintain, update, and evaluate Alabama's oil and gas rules and regulations to ensure that these regulations support the development of the state's oil and gas resources while protecting public safety and health and the environment.